Billi Pty Ltd and Billi Financial Services Pty Ltd (‘Billi’, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’) understand that many people are concerned about how their personal information that companies may collect and retain may be used, and accordingly we are committed to ensuring the privacy and security of any information that we hold. We are committed to the Australian Privacy Principles and to complying with the Privacy Act 1988.
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The type of information we may collect and hold includes personal information about:
- customers, business associates and potential customers and their employees;
- information about individuals we collect in the course of dealing with customers;
- suppliers and their employees;
- employees, prospective employees and contractors; and
- other people who come into contact with us.
In general, the personal information we collect and hold includes name, contact details, occupation, personal preferences, payment details, employment history, education and qualifications, testimonials and feedback, and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations. In some cases we may also collect ‘sensitive information’, such as information about an individual’s membership of a professional association, criminal record or health information.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when customers purchase from us (including on-line);
- when customers register their product warranty, either by posting in registration cards or by registering on-line;
- when customers submit an enquiry or book a service call;
- when customers or other persons respond to promotional offers or competitions;
- when customers or other persons complete on-line enquiry forms or similar located on our website.
WHY YOUR INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS USED BY US?
We collect personal information to provide you with the specific services you require and to administer these services, such as those mentioned above, and to ensure that our service levels are always of the highest standard. We also use personal information:
- to send you information (by email or post) that you explicitly request. (Note: If at any time you receive material that you did not request or if you no longer want to receive such material, see the ‘Correcting and Updating your Profile’ section below);
- to promote and market to you details of our products and services which we consider may be of interest to you, including information about special offers and competitions; and
- for our internal marketing, research and analysis purposes to assist us in better understanding our market, our customers, their needs and their views about our products and services. For these purposes, we develop aggregate or summary (i.e. not individual) reports which incorporate some personal Information. These reports do not include any personally identifiable information.
WHO MAY WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We may disclose your personal information (including, in certain limited circumstances, your sensitive information):
- to our related companies;
- to entities who assist us in providing our services (including hosting and data storage providers and debt collectors);
- to social media sites on which we have a presence; and
- where we are required to do so by law.
We will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply personal information to outside third parties without your consent except where:
- such disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988;
- we are required or authorized by law to disclose information;
- we have outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you.
HOW DO WE MAINTAIN SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We takes all reasonable care to keep your personal information secure and confidential. We have security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of your personal information under our control. These security measures include restricting and securing access to our databases. We regard unauthorised use of or access to your personal information by our employees, contractors or agents as a serious matter that will be subject to appropriate disciplinary or other action.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS, CORRECT AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act 1988, you may seek access to and correction of the personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer (see ‘Contact Information’ below). We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. If a fee is charged for providing access, you will be advised of the likely cost in advance.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A PRIVACY RELATED COMPLAINT?
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer. We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by the Privacy Officer and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made, usually within 30 days.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
MODIFICATIONS OR UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
BILLI CONTACT INFORMATION
Billi Pty Ltd
PO Box 464 Reservoir
Victoria 3073 Australia
Ph: +61 3 9469 0400
Fax: +61 3 9469 0499